Friday, July 3, 2009

Letters I've received disagreeing with me...

As I've been making this blog I've had several people write to me about it, saying that I am incorrect. They say things like:

"No, no, you don't get it. Independence Day is an American Holiday, not a blockbuster movie"


Well, I admit that watching it feels like a vacation... much like many movies... and Independence day is an American classic, but it is also a blockbuster movie. I have the numbers to prove it.

"Independence Day is the day we celebrate America's independence from colonial rule..."


Well, I think its fairly clear that we are saving humanity from alien rule. Please see Bill Pullman's speech below.

"Independence Day's moral was very patriotic and American... Bill Pullman's speech proves that... I disagree with your title."


Well, this is just plain wrong. But thank you for not calling the movie an "American Holiday" or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment